Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Lydia's map from OCAD to St. Patrick Station


Hey! Sorry I couldn't make it to class today, I posted the assignment as soon as I got the chance. For this part of the assignment I made a map that incorporated images and text. The map is from OCAD to St. Patrick Station, a destination that I make almost everyday. I made the path blue and large to show the simple outline of the destination. I then used simple images of the locations, images that would be easily recognizable. These are images of the locations, or places that are known to be found in certain areas along the way. The yellow dots represent the path that is taken by the person and the arrows represent the direction that the person should be walking on. In case the person needs exra instructions to go with the visuals, I included easy to follow instructions that include some ryhmes. This way the destination would be easily remembered. This map is intended to be simple and easy to follow through its images, text and colour codes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mazhar Mohad said...

reminds me of the game - pacmac. nice idea.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Judith Doyle said...

I can imagine the yellow dots as blinking lights - sort of a "you are here" type approach. Combined with the rhyme and logos, this could also be a very detailed map. Again, I'd like to hear the language as sound files.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home